The regular season of the 2023-24 campaign will be played in a first and second round with 30 games per team. Afterwards, the top-6 form the Master Round, they receive bonus points based on their Regular Season ranking (4-3-2-1-0-0) and play each other twice more to get the best possible starting position for the quarterfinal pick. The top 6 teams are already qualified for the playoffs after the regular season.
The other ten teams (7 - 16 after the regular season) will be divided into two Qualification Rounds and will also receive bonus points based on their regular season ranking.
Qualification Round A: Place 7 (6 points), 10 (3), 11 (2), 14 (0), 15 (0)
Qualification Round B: Place 8 (5 points), 9 (4), 12 (1), 13 (0), 16 (0)
After a round robin, the top two teams from the qualification groups will play in a "best-of-three" series for the two remaining playoff spots (each first against second).
Playoff opener on March 5 | All "best-of-7" series
The first playoff game day is dated for March 5, 2024. The champion of the eighth Alps Hockey League season will then be determined on April 20, 2024 at the latest. The playoff series will be played in a "best-of-seven" format starting with the quarterfinals.
The most important dates of the 2023/24 season:
- Sat, 16.09.2023: Start of regular season
- Sat, 06.01.2024: last round of regular season
- Thu, 18.01.2024: Start intermediate round
- Sat, 24.02.2024: last matchday intermediate round
- Tue, 27.02.2024: start of pre-playoffs ("best-of-3")
- Sat, 02.03.2024: last match Pre-Playoffs
- Tue, 05.03.2024: start quarterfinals ("best-of-7")
- Thu, 21.03.2024: start semifinals ("best-of-7")
- Sat, 06.04.2024: Start finals ("best-of-7")
- Sat, 20.04.2024: last possible final match